Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lilly's Wedding Quilt by Kelly Long

When reading books, I look for the unusual stories or ones that stand out.  That's why I was intrigued once I had read the description for this book.  It is about Lilly Lapp, who has always admired the strong spirited Jacob.  The thing is that he has had his sights set on another girl, Sarah King, since childhood.  One day though, she marries another man and Jacob is crushed.  Without much of a choice or a heart left to give, he agrees to marry Lilly.  Can true love blossom between these two down spirited young adults?  They can only trust God with their future to find out, but you have to read the book to know what happens.

Besides it being a charming amish book, the romance was very different.  The thing is that they, from their point of view, agreed to a marriage without love.  That in itself makes for an interesting story.  Much of how they became engaged is also interesting.  This book is the second in the "A Patch of Heaven" novels and I recommend buying and reading the first one before this book.  The first book is called Sarah's Garden and if it's as good as this one, then you will be pleased.  I think the first one is about Sarah King's, the girl Jacob likes, romance.  So if you are looking to buy some intriguing amish love stories, I recommend these two.

(This was a book, of my choice, that booksneeze.com sent to me for free if I agreed to read it and review it honestly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment