Saturday, July 21, 2018

The Captured Bride by Michelle Griep


Image result for the captured bride

Adventurous Mercy and her older loyal friend Matthew are transporting gold for the British army between an area torn by a French and British war.  They are forced to take traitor Elias along who is to act as Mercy's husband; however, he has plans to not make it to their destination because other people are counting on him. Can Elias keep his secret hidden or will losing his heart to Mercy, one bent on never marrying, cause his downfall?

I had a hard time getting through this book because the real action did not start until after 60% into the book. It takes its time with setting up the story and developing the characters through minor interactions the first half of the book.  I also did not care for the title of the book as it really does not seem to fit the story line. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the action and twists to the plot once I reached that section.  Additionally, Mercy had a good transformation emotionally and internally.

(The publisher gave me a copy of this ebook in exchange for a review; however, this is my opinion after reading the book for myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment