Friday, July 6, 2018

The Orphan's Wish by Melanie Dickerson

Image result for Orphan's wish melanie dickersonThis is the first book I have read by Melanie Dickerson, but it will not be the last. She has created an adorable romance novel set in a Medieval feeling background.  Aladdin is an orphan that has grown up in the local orphanage after moving there from a foreign country. Despite his difference in social status from Lady Kirstyn, the Duke's daughter, he has grown up with her and become fond of her.  He leaves her to find his fortune to one day come back for her; however, when she is kidnapped, his dream may not come to fruition.

The only part of the story that feels like Aladdin, since this is supposed to be a retelling of Aladdin, is how he starts out as a young boy stealing to survive. However, to be fair, the only experience I have with Aladdin is the Disney version.  Even without more of a connection, I was not disappointed with the story line but was also thrilled with the twists at the end. I found myself laughing at how childish the main protagonists were sometimes but loved the message of how no one is perfect. Overall, a fun read and beautiful cover art.


(The publisher gave me a copy of this book in exchange for a review; however, this is my opinion after reading the book for myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment