Saturday, July 21, 2018

The Story Collector by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb


Image result for the story collector

Exciting and interesting children's book where you step into life within a library, literally. Viviani lives in the local library with her two older brothers and her parents. She learns valuable life lessons not only from her family and friends, but from the ghost of the library, all the while saving the day from the stamp thief.

I had a hard time adjusting to the didactic and narrative writing style in the first chapter, but after the first few chapters, I was hooked. I enjoyed the chapter headings that matched entries in a library catalog. It brought to life how the children live in a library and find adventure there everyday.  The vocabulary was also great for helping children grow in their reading ability while still catering to their reading level. I particularly loved how so many things said were profound, and I wanted to write them on my facebook as quotes.  I will be looking for this book for my personal and classroom collections.

(The publisher gave me a copy of this ebook in exchange for a review; however, this is my opinion after reading the book for myself.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment