Friday, June 1, 2018

A Defense of Honor by Kristi Ann Hunter

A wonderful romance set in 1800’s England. A huge split between the aristocrats and tradesman/farmer serve as complicating factor in the setting and story.  Kit has a mission and a plan that has been working for 12 years until today. After Kit is saved by a mysterious stranger intent on following her, he ends up possibly saving her in more ways than just one.

I enjoyed the story and had a hard time putting it down. The only thing I had a problem justifying was how judgmental and angry a main character became which did not seem to align with their personality the rest of the story. The resolution to their anger also came too fast without enough regret and change I felt they should have had.


However, the rest of the characters were memorable and relatable.  One specific character that you meet later in the story was so eccentric and hilarious that I wanted to bottle her up and have more people like her in real-life. She was the kind of character you could not help but love because she was so genuinely herself even against social norms. Additionally, there were many more supporting characters that I wanted to read more about. I want to see how the rest of their stories play out, and I hope that Kristi Ann Hunter continues to write their stories.

(The publisher gave me a free ebook version of this book to review, but this opinion is my own after reading the book for myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment